Select Page

The Palace Nightclub

The Palace nightclub’s dance music era began in the mid 90s. After a glorious final decade, it fell foul to the developing Newcastle club scene.

The venue had a loyal band of revellers, many of which shared a love-hate relationship with the place. Even with its notorious reputation, it still attracted everyone; From the hedonists to the hoodlums.

The club as we knew it started life as The Palace Theatre in 1896.

The music hall changed ownership many times and in the 30’s Walter Lawson took over.

He re-opened the building as The Wallaw cinema and wouldn’t pass it on until 1966. The next owners (Noble) opened the old cinema as Club Domino in April 1968.

At its peak, the club would regularly reach capacity, with a queue of eager punters lining up outside. It became THE place to party. Even if your night began in another town.

The Palace lost its shine towards the middle of the 00s and eventually closed. The building was demolished in 2005, and the site is now a development of luxury flats.

SSL Certificates